Even though I’m an outspoken advocate for remote work, people also seem to be curious about what my setup at home looks like. With the current COVID-19 crisis, it is more relevant than ever to create a comfortable and productive work environment in your own four walls.
I spend a significant amount of time in my office, so it was necessary to build a space that makes me feel productive and creative. It is also strictly dedicated to get work done. Having a separate room makes it easy to close the door when I’m on a video call with the appointmed team or a client.
The office is designed to fit my personal style as well. I like to surround myself with lots of natural light, green plants, and inspirational/funny quotes on the wall. Right in front of my desk is a large painting of ocean waves breaking in a bay — perfect for peeking over the screen and daydreaming for a minute.
The desk itself is custom made and height-adjustable, which allows me to either work sitting or standing — all it takes a simple press of a button underneath the tabletop.
As a designer, there was no way around Apple in my early days and I’ve been sticking to their devices for ages now. I do want to give other products a try someday though (👋 Microsoft).
My current setup includes
- Late 2016 15.4” MacBook Pro
- Apple Magic Keyboard
- Apple Magic Trackpad
- LG UltraFine 5k Display
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPad Air 2 with a Belkin Ultimate Keyboard Case
- Creative 2.1 Speaker System
I don’t even know the exact model. I’ve been using those speakers since I was 14, and they still sound amazing. They also came with a fantastic subwoofer.
- When I’m not standing, I’m using the Aeris 3Dee Active Office Chair
- The LG display and MacBook sit on a 2-in-1 Monitor Arm from Amazon
I love the floating display look, and it also frees up a ton of space on the desk
- Bose QC35 Noise-Cancelling Headphones
- Phone stand from Lamicall
- Evolve Bamboo Gen2 electric skateboard for getting around the city
- These prints from Lukes Beard: